Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Negative numbers

Had a dream this morning, got out of bed, went to make coffee. The wife asks to be driven to her volunteer job with the Democrats. Got her halfway there when something odd struck me. The road stayed the same road and didn't veer off in strange impossible directions. Then some Mozart happened on the radio. at least I thought it was Mozart. Sounded familiar, but what was it? Upon closer listening, I decided it was early Beethoven. But which early Beethoven? We had a earnest discussion about Ludwig's early symphonies but couldn't come to any conclusion. Soon after I dropped her off, the man comes on the radio telling me more and more that "That was symphony number forty-one by Mozart,  the Jupiter".
So I was right.
It was Beethoven's symphony number minus-one!

Little while later I awoke to find myself in the Queen Anne Cafe with a coffee cup in my hand and a waffle in front of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment